Help removing CiD Pop-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have teh CiD Pop-up infection and i would REALLY like to know how i get rid of it ive tried everything from virus scans to spyware scans and cleaning my system out the NoLop program is not working for me... any suggestions?

Click start, go to "Run" and type "msconfig",without the quotes, the go to the tab labeled "startup" and disable everything and if it goes away then re-enable everything one at a time until it comes back, then you know it was the last thing you re-enabled that was causing it. Check all the boxes again except for the problem one. Usually works for me as a last resort. If you know the name of what's causing it then just disable that if it's in the list somewhere.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go back into msconfig and enable everything. This is so we can see what`s running on your system.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of PhoenixClaw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I alrdy have AVG AV and AR everything is clean Adaware comes up with nothing Kaspersky Nothing Spybot nothing NoLop nothing...

What next? I'm getting 3 pop-ups a min...

Unless you post the requested log files, I can`t tell if your system is clean or not.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of PhoenixClaw only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [jugsglue] "C:\ProgramData\proxybuildbuild.ujyfja2"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [close surf mail dupe] "C:\ProgramData\AMEN CITY IDLE.k6pvw"

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT and reboot your system.

Now go HERE, follow the instructions and post the requested log files.

Great Job Genius!

HEY THANKS ALOT U MADE MY COMP FROM ANNOYING POP-UPD TO A PILE OF ****!

Fixing those items basically fried my operating system it wont boot not login wont even load ok?!?! and 1 of the files u told me to delte guess what they were? MY ****ING SYSTEM RESTORE FILES!!! I GOT REFORMAT EVERYTHING NOW!!

Fixing those items in no way made your OS crash.

I`m not saying I know what happened, but I know what didn`t happen.

I`ve been doing HJT logs for years and to the best of my knowledge, I haven`t crashed anyones system thus far.

None of the files I told you to delete were system restore files. In fact I make a point of making sure all malware is gone before advising system restor is turned off then on again.

Can you boot into safe mode?

I know your panicking, but you really need to calm down and please stop swearing.

Has it occured to you that this is caused by malware or some coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back