Help Repairing PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimboy

Help me out. I want to "repair" a certain dead PC. It's one of those "Digitek" types. It used to run Windows 98 Here are things as of now:
1: The hard disk is dead. The PC powers (I can hear some wierd "di di di" as the disk head tries to read) on and displays "Searching For Master Boot Record On SCSI...Not Found, Insert System Disk And Press Any Key"
2: Before it spoilt, it used to display "X is not accessible. The device is not ready". X represents both the floppy and CD drive.
3: I downloaded a Windows 98 bootdisk from the net and copied it to a floppy. Tried booting from the floppy but it failed.
I have a new hard disk which I want to install on the PC. Can someone tell me how to go about it? Just a guess: Could the drivers for the floppy and CD drives have been deleted because device manager used to report that there were two "unknown devices". Below are the specs of the PC:
AMD Duron 1200+ processor, 96 MB RAM, DiamondPlus9 Maxtor 80 GB HDD(this is the one that died), 25 MB RAM SiS integrated video display. Anyone having any questions just ask them.

Second post has been replied to... Tell us then what else you need to know, and how much detail you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back