TechSpot

HELP - Secuirity Issues in XP Event IDs 540 and 538

By SkateZilla
Aug 20, 2006
  1. ok, Im not sure if its a good or bad thing,

but so far there are no side effects, but pretty much since DAY 1 Of Building this Rig and Loading XP SP2

I Get Event IDs 539 and 540 at the same time, over and over again all day, All Anonymous Logins..

Coming From :
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp
    Authentication Package: NTLM

And they are all Coming from anther XP SP2 PC on my Network (in another Room of my house)....

I was just wondering if this is someone trying to do something stupid with my network or if its just the XP systems communicating with each other?

IM not sure but i think the other XP system has the same type of excessive events.

Im Also getting these Entries when My Modem is OFFLINE w/ the ISP, and My Network is Wired and Firewalled and Passworded.

[​IMG]

2. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

Now that you mention it, I have the same entries as well. After some googling, I found this article:

Source: http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=538&eventno=7&source=Security&phase=1

I think this is a safe entry, but hopefully someone else'll confirm they have the same entries.

3. mickzer

mickzer TS Rookie Posts: 101

Hi
    I have the Event 540 only and only since 29/7/2006.
    mickzer

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.