Help! shuttle xpc sb95p no video output

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am building a new computer at the moment and have a problem. I have a shuttle xpc sb95p and an ati x1600, 1 gig corsair ram, and the computer powers on but i get no video output.

NO beeps, the fans and lights run, everything sounds fine but no video. I tried with 1 stick of ram, both, none, i took out the cmos battery, still nothing.

I tried bth lcd and crt monitors, still absolutely nothing.

Any ideas??? I am all out.

It sounds like a video card.

Do you have another power supply to try? PSU problem is pretty unlikely though; I think it's the video card.

I tried the video card in another comp and it works, i tried a known working in the shuttle and nothing.

I can't seem to figure this one out heh, I hope its not the power supply as its part of the one piece case/mo-bo/p.s. unit ..... this comps for my gf or I wouldn't be using shuttle...

I had a similar problem and sent it back so this is the second unit, same story.

I don't know if it's the power supply (PSU) though, cuz lights and fans and stuff come on.

It sounds like maybe (yipes) the PCI-e or AGP bus (whichever your video card is) is bad. so a mobo problem?

I'm not sure if Shuttle uses proprietary RAM and power designs on their mobos or not. If not, you could probably replace the mobo (buying from newegg, of course).

Anybody else know?

I bought teh shuttle off of newegg and had this same issue. I sent it back and they sent me it back witha new mo bo and it's still doing it. I'd hate to use a diff mo-bo just because of how insanely tight this model is and how oddly its configured so that the pci-e slot is accessable.

I'm gonna see what I can dig up for similar mo-bos though.

Well for what its worth i'm giving up and going the traditional seperate mobo and case way. This has been the worst most frustrating build ever and the only advice I have is to stay away from shuttle unless its entirely prebuilt.

I emailed their tech support and there are tons of compatability issues and this board my/may not be compatable with some vid cards, most ram, and also support for some intel cpus has been dropped completely.

This computer was launched half baked AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

That's why you build your own :)

or maybe go with a barebone from ASUS or MSI.

anyway, more questions, you know where to ask :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back