Help! Sims 2 directX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought sims 2 december 2006 and loved it. I could play it without any problems till about march 2008. With no warning the game was moving slow, The roads,Building and water all was flashing red. I was a little worried. I played it anyway I loved that game. Then when I got home from school it stoped working. when ever I tied to load it the little ugly message saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." . I have no idea wat to do. I don't know how to find what type of graphics card I have. Or anything. I will probably need to be walked through EVERYTHING. I have DirectX 9.0c and DirectX10. Im really confused, I have contacted the tech support team at the sims 2 site and they have not emailed back. I just want to play my game again.

Update

jordimark said:
I bought sims 2 december 2006 and loved it. I could play it without any problems till about march 2008. With no warning the game was moving slow, The roads,Building and water all was flashing red. I was a little worried. I played it anyway I loved that game. Then when I got home from school it stoped working. when ever I tied to load it the little ugly message saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." . I have no idea wat to do. I don't know how to find what type of graphics card I have. Or anything. I will probably need to be walked through EVERYTHING. I have DirectX 9.0c and DirectX10. Im really confused, I have contacted the tech support team at the sims 2 site and they have not emailed back. I just want to play my game again.
UPDATE*
I found out my System junk here it is. If you can help:)
Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP home edition(5.1, Build 2600)
Processor:AMD Sempron(tm) 2300+, MMX, 3Dnow, ~ 1.6 GHz
Memory: 480MB RAM
Direct X version:DirectX 9.0c

Go to Start > Run. Type in dxdiag in the Run box. When the report is produced, click on the Display tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back