TechSpot

Help! Sims 2 directX

By jordimark
Jul 9, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I bought sims 2 december 2006 and loved it. I could play it without any problems till about march 2008. With no warning the game was moving slow, The roads,Building and water all was flashing red. I was a little worried. I played it anyway I loved that game. Then when I got home from school it stoped working. when ever I tied to load it the little ugly message saying "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate." . I have no idea wat to do. I don't know how to find what type of graphics card I have. Or anything. I will probably need to be walked through EVERYTHING. I have DirectX 9.0c and DirectX10. Im really confused, I have contacted the tech support team at the sims 2 site and they have not emailed back. I just want to play my game again.
  2. Ruthe

Ruthe TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

3. jordimark

jordimark TS Rookie Topic Starter

Update

UPDATE*
    I found out my System junk here it is. If you can help:)
    Operating System:Microsoft Windows XP home edition(5.1, Build 2600)
    Processor:AMD Sempron(tm) 2300+, MMX, 3Dnow, ~ 1.6 GHz
    Memory: 480MB RAM
    Direct X version:DirectX 9.0c
  4. jordimark

jordimark TS Rookie Topic Starter

I also can not find what my graphics card is.. so iff you could help me.
  5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,434   +218

Go to Start > Run. Type in dxdiag in the Run box. When the report is produced, click on the Display tab.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.