Help, Sims 2 Double Deluxe Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my Sims 2 Double Deluxe game second hand from Amazon.co.uk. The disk is in good condition and the registration code is fine. But when I get to 5% on the installation process this message pops up: A problem occured when trying to transfer the file 'D:\Support\EAHelp\en-us\WebHelp_Skin_Files\XP_Silver\XP_Silver.skn' from the media.
Do you want to retry to copy the file, or cancel the installation?

I've tried clicking retry but it just comes up again so I'm forced the cancel the installation each time I try to install it. I've looked on other forums but there is nothing about this.

PLease help!!

Hello,

it seems like your disc is in a bad condition and cannot be read. (Even though it would look like it's fine according to your post)

Don't worry though - you can most probably clean it with a cleaning cloth (a small amount of water and a gentle rubbing with t-shirt would work too, although I think that's not recommended). Be sure to clean it gently, and it will most probably work.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you still cannot solve the problem, you can also try copying the files to your hard drive and running the setup from there. Although, if it's because the disc is corrupted, it might not work either.

Hello,

it seems like your disc is in a bad condition and cannot be read. (Even though it would look like it's fine according to your post)

Don't worry though - you can most probably clean it with a cleaning cloth (a small amount of water and a gentle rubbing with t-shirt would work too, although I think that's not recommended). Be sure to clean it gently, and it will most probably work.

Good luck!

Oh, and if you still cannot solve the problem, you can also try copying the files to your hard drive and running the setup from there. Although, if it's because the disc is corrupted, it might not work either.

I've tried this already but it still won't work :/
Thank you though :)

Oh, well that's bad. It definately sounds like the disc is corrupted, it's the only option I can think of. You could always try copying the game from a friend if someone has it - since you have the registration key, it doesn't matter what CD/DVD you use to install it.

Other than that, I'm all out of ideas. Sorry. Hope you can get it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back