HELP!! Stop error

By rubeeye127
Dec 12, 2007
  1. When I try to turn on my computer, I get the Stop Error blue screen. It won't load in any mode, I've tried all safe modes and last known good configuration and it just gives me the error message. I don't have a Windows XP disk and I've tried using the UBCD but I'm not quite sure how. The error message is:
    (0x00190203, 0x8130FEFO, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)
    Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
  2. drpepper55

drpepper55 TS Member Posts: 65

You say, "I don't have a Windows XP disk..." and so from this I gather that you have XP on the machine...have you tried to go to a restore point prior to your having begun to have problems? See if you can restore to a time from before you bagan to have the problem that you are now having and see if that will work for to you...
  3. Crazy

Crazy TS Rookie Posts: 139

He said he couldn't get into any mode.

I'd say the best way is to get your hands on a winxp cd and try to recover/reinstall.
  4. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 1,687

Hello, rubeeye127, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
    Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, you have two options here:

1. Get a hold of an XP disc and do a repair install, as Crazy has said

2. You put your drive in another PC as a slave and we get some minidumps and see what is causing the error and try to fix it, which may be running a repair installation, because if this is happening in safe mode then it has to be a critical component.

Let me know which route you want to go down.
  5. rubeeye127

rubeeye127 TS Rookie Topic Starter

So now, after fiddling around for hours with the UBCD, I get the message: Windows could not load etc. the following file is missing or corrupted-
    <windows root> \ win32\hal.dll. Great!
    I think I found a friend with an XP disk so I'll give that a shot. Hopefully I won't lose all my data. I've got a ton of stuff on my computer!
  6. rubeeye127

rubeeye127 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Also, using the UBCD, it seems my HD is set to 3 partitions, two of which have alot of info on them and 1 that has very little. Shouldn't I only have two partitions?
  7. Crazy

Crazy TS Rookie Posts: 139

no, thats normal.

If you can't restore windows, you could always install it ontop of the current one. Then you can move all of your files and do a "clean" instal.

Installing on another windows instal is a last resort, and it's best to reinstall in completly after you backed up your files.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.