Help - The wierdest thing ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraston

Ok before anything i wanna apologize for my first post being me asking for help but i cannot find help anywheres and i really need a solution.

-------------------

Ok well today after playing an online game on my desktop i decided to lay down. I left the PC on and in the game(World of Warcraft) wich i usually do.

after waking up i found my PC turned off with the monitor on still(so i knew we didnt loose power while i was asleep).

I attemped to turn on the PC with no success.

After a few attemps at turning it on i decided to open it.

I then began to take out the things i knew wouldnt affect the PC turning on if they were removed.

I began with the Video card, as soon as i took it off i hooked up the monitor to the onboard VGA port.

i then turned on the PC and it worked! hooray!

the PC started and ran like normal, with less pretty graphics that is of course.

i then decided to turn the PC off and reconnect the card...i did that and when i tried to power on the PC it made a very very small (0.2 second) attempt to turn on, making a wierd quiet noise so i decided to take it off.

i turned it back on with the card and it brought me to the Boot Menu (asking if i wanna go into safe mode, ect.) [note: i never f8 or anything!]

i figuered it was because of the last attempt to turn it on so i hit "Start windows normally"

the monitor went black for a second or 2 like normal then the PC rebooted!
at this point im upset and afraid to try again, but i did.

the same thing happend...in anger i tried it 30-40 more times with no success.

in those attempts i also tried using the original windows xp: home install disk.

when i ran the disk it brought me to the first loading screen saying "hit f6 if u need to install a raid driver or w/e..."

like normal i let it load and then it brought me this

"File \i386\ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded.
The error code is 7"

i hit enter and the PC rebooted again...

after reading i was brought to the idea of getting the Blue Screen of death up.

after i got it up i got the following message.

a problem has occured and windows shut down to save ur PC from it exploding...blablabla...

Stop 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x00000000, 0xf7986308, 0xf7986004)

i tried searching but people seem to have a slightly diffrent problem then me and there solutions arent working for me.

MY pc was custom built by a friend who no longer is with us so i cannot ask him for help.

I really would love to avoid having to buy a new PC or paying 1-200$ to have it repaired or even worse...having to reformatt...that would kill me.

Im sorry for the long post but i wanted to get every piece of info out so i could get the best response quickly.

things to note:

i use windows xp home.
i have more then enough space on the HD (its 250gb and i had about 100gb used at the most)
1gb ram wich i checked the startup Setup( F2 at startup ) to make sure it was being read correctly. and by what it seemed to me, it was fine.

please help me because the PC is very very very important it has alot of important info on it that cannot be lost.

For clarification sake, did you uninstall the card again at any time? It sounds like a defective video card.

nope i never uninstalled any of the hardware, this just randomly started happening after the wierd pc shutting down while i was asleep.

sorry if u meant after this began, after the first time of me not being able to get past the boot menu i took it off and left it off.

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information especially if you get yellow or red marks.

yellow or red marks where? and how can i view that? i cant get past the boot menu.

is there a way to open a command line or something from startup?

yellow or red marks where? and how can i view that? i cant get past the boot menu.

DUH! My bad. There is one test you can do that actually can be used without needing to go beyond the boot menu. Try running Memtest on your memory to determine if this is the cause.

www.memtest.org

You can either install on a floppy or burn to a CD. It is free and free of malware, etc.

Once you have it ready place floppy or CD in the proper drive. Boot up and the test will take over before the Windows screen can even load.

This takes a long time and you need to let it run for a minimum of 7 Passes. There are eight individual tests = one Pass. Any errors and you have corrupted memory that must be replaced. Also, if you have errors and you have more than one stick of RAM you need to test each stick but you don't need to do a full 7 passes if you get errors earlier in the testing.

If you have no errors then I suggest putting your harddrive in another system and see if you can boot up.

ok i tried this cuz i dont have any blank CD's...

i took the HD out and put it into my other pc as a secondary drive.

it loaded fine, i was able to access the HD and view all the files in windows / program files / ect.

put it back to the first PC and still wont load.

at this point im 99% sure its the memory.

couldit be possible for anything else to be wrong? before i go waste money on RAM.

thank u for ur help.

I would see if you can burn a CD in another computer to make absolutely sure it is your memory. Blank CDs are a whole lot cheaper than RAM.

Your issue could be also a) bad cable that connects your harddrive to
motherboard, b) bad molex connector that powers your harddrive, or c) faulty motherboard controller/connection.

It is possible to access the drive as a secondard drive, but still not be able to boot. What goes bad first on a hard drive is the first 4 then next 11 sectors of the drive. The magnetic material on the drive plates can bubble up and flake off under high heat .
My guess is the boot sectors of the driver are bad. Try another drive to see if it will install normally with your Windows disc.

The fact that the system booted up just fine when you took your video card out, makes me feel like it might not be your ram.....

What Vid card do you have currently? is it getting enough power? if so... it sounds like a bad vid card to me....have you been getting any artifacts recently while playing? anything from small barely noticeable ones, to large "calliedescope" like ones?

It still could be ram... but meh.... just stinks like vid card to me.

It is possible to access the drive as a secondard drive, but still not be able to boot. What goes bad first on a hard drive is the first 4 then next 11 sectors of the drive. The magnetic material on the drive plates can bubble up and flake off under high heat .
My guess is the boot sectors of the driver are bad. Try another drive to see if it will install normally with your Windows disc.

I thought abt the hd being bad too... but im just getting hung up on the system booting fine without his vid card, and just using onboard graffix.

Could also be a bad agp/pci/pci-e input on the board.

Did you try switching your vid card to another slot ?

yea before the card went for the last 2-3 weeks i was getting wierd lines in the games, to certain things not showing to game models being totally black.

the current vid im using is the onboard on the mother board (wich worked fine before it stopped booting correctly).

ok just reporting this... i just booted up memtest and had it testing...after 3 minutes 43 seconds it locked up and froze the testing. no key presses do anything so im forced to forcefully shut the pc off.

could this be a sign of the memory being faulty?

o also i wanna throw in that if i leave the PC off for a little (only sometimes) when i try to boot it again it will sometimes show the windows loading logo with the green bar scrolling for a few seconds then an instant blue screen of death to boot (the blue screen shows for less then a second.)

Have you tried booting the problem HD in your secondary machine ? That should tell you right off its the HD or not. if it wont boot in a perfectly good working system, it should tell you its the HD. If you can read it as a secondary drive, I would copy all important files and what-not while you can, and get them off that HD.

It sounds like your vid card went based on the artifacts you were seeing before all the trouble. I had the exact same problem with my vid card on my old rig. I swapped out my vid card for a new one, and bam! back in action.

From - http://free.pc-error-repair.org/?id=0x0000007e&gclid=CPKf8NqPwJUCFQqFGgodTRIIQg

(its a safe link, will not launch a downloader. but I have no knowledge of this product..... D/L at your own risk)
How Did I Get 0x0000007e?

Windows is extremely complex, and the amount we use our PC's is growing at an alarming rate. What does that mean? Quite simply, the days of using your PC for years without having to optimize it's health is now a thing of the past.

In any given "normal" day, we all download files, install and uninstall programs and more. We also use our computers for tasks such as online banking, web browsing, chatting with friends, playing online games and other entertaining activites.

It's no wonder you've encountered Windows error 0x0000007e! With all of the garbage that's piled up, and excessive registry "code bloat" your computer is like a ticking time bomb.

No one wants to sit at their computer and spend countless hours deleting garbage and optimizing. So what can someone do to make optimization fast and easy?

They have a piece of software that will fix your error you got apparently.... but Like I said above, I dont know anything about the software, use at your own risk. I get skeptacle about anything that is advertised as "free" but it doesnt mean the info on their site is bad.

thank you DaMark but i cant get onto the PC to use that software...i would need access to the desktop. (i didnt read it much so if im wrong lpz correct me).

i am running out of ideas and rly would like to see my PC fixed today so im gonna go buy RAM and if it doesnt fix it ill return it.

do u think maybe a new vid card could fix it? i just got the idea of putting my vid card from my extra pc to my other pc to see if that works... <begins to pray to god>

I would reconsider what raybay wrote. Also, if you can access through another PC then I would install the harddrive utility from your manufacturer for your particular make and run a full HD diagnostics.

k well bad news...i formatted the HD on this pc and now when i put it on the other pc it doesnt read it correctly.

and when i formatted it on this PC when it finished it asked me for a user PW as if i had made one from the control panel, and then when i put anything or left it blank it told me the access or something didnt exist.

im now very upset i have an extra gig of ram i cannot use and if my motherboard is shot then im screwed cuz i cant afford a new one

i am also still getting the i386\N...... file cannot be opened.. the error code is 7...when i try to boot the windows xp home CD. (i checked its clean too!)

Finding your motherboard info: Everest Home Edition or SIW; google and you will find.

ok heres something i've noticed before and i just noticed again!

if i leave the PC off for a while without touching it. (i just did over night)

i can turn it on, get the windows XP cd to get past the usual error part (right at the beginning)

it loads bout 70% of the drivers then locks up.(so it lasted like 1-2mins wich is more then usual)

could something be overheating?

and if i leave it off for a while i noticed i could get past the boot screen sometimes too but only if the whole PC is off for a while.

this happend when i bought the new RAM and i put in, it loaded winxp further then usual. (the pc had been of for an hour or so.)

the PC has 3 fans (one in the Power supply box thingy, one on the case and one on the CPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back