Help troubleshooting BCC 35 error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting last week my computer started crashing any time I would attempt something of a "write" nature to certain, but not all, network mapped drives. Opening and reading files works fine, but if you try to move/create/modify one, the computer crashes and displays an error code of 35. I looked up the error code and that information didn't help me (I/O stack runs out of room, overwrites memory, it's an issue between high and low order drivers....but I don't know which ones.)

Crazy thing is, if I perfor the operations using the command prompt on one of the effected drives, it performs the request without crashing

This is the second time I've had to deal with the issue. Last time ended with a re-install, but apparently that didn't help. It only took 24hrs for the problem to reoccur.

To be clear, I want to know WHAT SPECIFICALLY is causing the crash. Which driver or (less likely) program is to blame. It would also help me for future trouble shooting if it was explained how to obtain this information myself. Unfortunately, I cannot read, write, or speak dumpese.

Here is the error message from the pop-up. I have also attached the dump from this crash.

Code:
BCCode : 35     BCP1 : 8950B008     BCP2 : 00000000     BCP3 : 00000000     
BCP4 : 00000000     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 2_0     Product : 256_1

All your errors are 0x35: NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS

In theory, this is a driver or other software issue, which encounters a stack problem. In practice, it has historically pointed to a driver problem and also occurs when RAM itself is flawed.

I have had this error about 3 months ago on my old Pentium 3 system and I could find about zilch on the internet in rectifying it. Basically it means that a higher driver is attempting to access a lower drivers address and when it does it prevents the lower driver from accessing its asigned address. Thus a crash.

The faulty driver cited in every crash is nwfilter.sys. It belongs to Novell and is a netware driver. It also has a vulnerability; see this link: http://secunia.com/advisories/27678

* Also, in every minidump report it was noted that SYMEVENT.sys was unable to load. This is a driver belonging to Symantec. It could be that your security and Novell's driver are conflicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back