Help understanding minimum processor requirements for recording software

techster

I want to buy a laptop to run professional recording software. The minimum requirement is an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.67GHz. Can I use a quad core with less speed. What are my options?[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

Thanks

Is there a trial version of the software for you to test on your current system?
Yes. However, my current laptop is old (Centrino Duo 2GHz), and will not run it well. I am going to replace it. I was wondering just how much money I had to spend to meet my needs.

Can you tell me your specs and the name of the planned recording software you want to purchase.

Not sure what software you have in mind or what's out there, but you might get better answers if you let folks know what program you plan on getting.

edit: looks like JC713 pressed the post button just a bit quicker than I did. :)

Not sure what software you have in mind or what's out there, but you might get better answers if you let folks know what program you plan on getting.

edit: looks like JC713 pressed the post button just a bit quicker than I did. :)
;)

ASUS VivoBook X202E-DH31T Ultrabook - 3rd generation Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, 11.6" Touchscreen, Windows 8 64-bit

Yeah you are fine. Any modern CPU will be fine. Plus it is only recording software, which only needs a good sound card. If you are doing video editing, then no you cannot run video editing software on that.

Back