Help Urgent Compaq Laptop Wont Come On

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the other threads here but none are quite like mine that I could find soooo I thought I would start a new HELP ME PLZ THREAD lol !!

Last night the laptop locked up - for no apparent reason .... couldnt move the mouse - couldnt turn it off nothing .... finally the battery died and it went off - so today I tried charging it and turning it back on .... only to discover that the power light is on but I can't TURN it on - for instance I plug the AC in the back in and the light showing its charging comes on in the front but I get no power on when I hit the power on button? Any ideas - Im in a jam and need the thing to WORK !!!! NOW !!!! HELP PLZ!

PS IT IS A COMPAQ V2000 LAPTOP - and the ac plug is NOT Loose that is attached to the motherboard. The second I plug it in I get a light in the front showing its plugged in but i got to hit the ON button by the keyboard and NOTHING !!!!

great Idea - I was so excited - I thought why didn't I try that lol but it still won't come on - without the battery in the laptop the light stays on in front with the AC Plugged in and goes off if I unplug the ac but the actual on/off button you can here it depress/click but it won't power on at all ???? Any other ideas?? I'll try anything ....

It's time to take the laptop to a service center for repair. You could try removing the hard drive and then the memory and see if the system tries to POST (Power On Self Test)

Sounds like a hardware filaure to me. Best to take to the local comp store for servicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back