TechSpot

Help Urgent Compaq Laptop Wont Come On

By bamacrazy77
Jul 6, 2007
  1. I read the other threads here but none are quite like mine that I could find soooo I thought I would start a new HELP ME PLZ THREAD lol !!

Last night the laptop locked up - for no apparent reason .... couldnt move the mouse - couldnt turn it off nothing .... finally the battery died and it went off - so today I tried charging it and turning it back on .... only to discover that the power light is on but I can't TURN it on - for instance I plug the AC in the back in and the light showing its charging comes on in the front but I get no power on when I hit the power on button? Any ideas - Im in a jam and need the thing to WORK !!!! NOW !!!! HELP PLZ!

PS IT IS A COMPAQ V2000 LAPTOP - and the ac plug is NOT Loose that is attached to the motherboard. The second I plug it in I get a light in the front showing its plugged in but i got to hit the ON button by the keyboard and NOTHING !!!!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Remove the laptops battery and see if the computer powers up using the AC adapter

3. bamacrazy77

bamacrazy77 TS Rookie Topic Starter

great Idea - I was so excited - I thought why didn't I try that lol but it still won't come on - without the battery in the laptop the light stays on in front with the AC Plugged in and goes off if I unplug the ac but the actual on/off button you can here it depress/click but it won't power on at all ???? Any other ideas?? I'll try anything ....

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

It's time to take the laptop to a service center for repair. You could try removing the hard drive and then the memory and see if the system tries to POST (Power On Self Test)

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

6. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

Sounds like a hardware filaure to me. Best to take to the local comp store for servicing.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.