Help using CRT TV as monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

azki

hey all, i have a ATi X1600PRO 256mb, and i have the video-out cable and what not, thing is, i cant use ATi Control center as it refuses to open [im working on it] anyway, what other software can i use to use my tv as a monitor?

any help apreciated

I don't know the answer to the other software question but you need Microsoft's .NET Framework to be installed for ATI's CCC to work. Is it?

tryed all that lol i cant be stuffed trying to fix it again atm, can you look around for some software? ive tryed google, but im not sure what im looking for

No the video output on the video card is for TV if it's S-video or HDMI needs HDTV. Best if you connect to VGA to your HDTV VGA. Is that what you want to do?

no no no, i have a 7-pin connector on my Gfx card, it has red , white and yellow plugs coming off the plug thingy that i plug into the 7-pin connector, its plugged into my tv, and when i turn my pc on, it comes through on my tv aswel as my monitor, but once windows loads it no longer shows up on my tv, atm i cant use ATi CCC, to set it so my card uses my monitor and tv as monitors, so i need to use some other software, can you suggest any?

i hate to say it but wouldn't have this trouble with Nvidia lol :p

sry i had to say it

on a serious note tho

Im unaware of any 3rd party software for second monitors etc etc
i take it youve set it all up thru windows display properties? etc

i think you may have to bite the bullet and reinstall ATi CCC tbh

azki said:
no no no, i have a 7-pin connector on my Gfx card, it has red , white and yellow plugs coming off the plug thingy that i plug into the 7-pin connector, its plugged into my tv, and when i turn my pc on, it comes through on my tv aswel as my monitor, but once windows loads it no longer shows up on my tv, atm i cant use ATi CCC, to set it so my card uses my monitor and tv as monitors, so i need to use some other software, can you suggest any?

You need to have the software for your video card know that you want to use the TV as the monitor or in your case maybe LCDTV. If you had laptop their are buttons that to make this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back