Help! Video card problem X1600PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesaguybcrich

I recently got a X1600PRO AGP Video Card,everytime i load windows and it finds the new hardware and installs drivers after reboot i get a Corrupt display then "Input Signal out of range"
The only way to get it to load up properly is to hit F8 and either "Enable VGA" or load safe mode. Here is my system specs

Intel Pentium(R) 3.00Ghz processor
Intel D865PERL Montherboard
450Watt Power Supply
2GB of RAM
160GB EIDE Harddrive

A 17" LCD Monitor with a max of 50-60Hz Refresh rate

I have Uninstalled the drivers,reloaded older versions,loaded up my monitors drivers,Turned hardware acceleration off

I have tried using both the VGA port and DVI.

I have tryed every catalyst driver version from 7.5+
Used drivercleaner pro to remove registry files.. i just cant get this damn thing to work. please help

Either the screen resolution is to low or to high or the refresh rate frequency is to low or to high. I'm going to assume that you have an LCD monitor they usually only work at 60Hz you need to make sure that your refresh rate is at 60Hz and the screen resolution is at the monitors default resolution.

I have changed the resolution to 60Hz and even lower then that. Have tried using DXDIAG's Overide option to set the Refresh to 60. Any other suggestions?? Please LOL

Don't use Catalyst

First download newest "driver only" to your desktop.
ATI explains why you don't need Catalyst Control Panel or Software.
=========================================
Then do the following.
Uninstall all ATI entries Catalyst and driver.Use Add/Remove with the ATI uninstall Utility in Control Panel/add remove.
Restart your computer.
Ignore Windows finds new Hardware.It already has installed the vga driver.
Install the driver you downloaded.
I have ATI X1650 Pro and just the driver.Works fine.
Right click the desktop for Propertys / settings.Set your screen size,and
16 or 32 bit.
Works for me.:D

What monitor make and model number do you have? You may have to download/install a monitor driver for the display to function correctly. You should boot into safe mode and uninstall the video card device driver. Reboot your computer and set the refresh rate to 60Hz set the screen resolution to the monitor default with the VGA driver. Install the monitor driver and reboot and check the monitor settings again to make sure they are still the same. Install the video card driver and reboot.

If that don't work try your monitor on a second computer.

If that doesn't work then I'd consider your monitor broken.

Compare this.

Go to Device Manager/Hardware/Display Adapters.
Is yours listed ? double click it,
And working properly ?
Otherwise whats bad about your video ? Maybe it's your monitor,or a
bad card or cable connection.Try total shutdown and reconnect
your monitor finger tight from side to side.Not 1 side at a time.
Turn your monitor on then boot system.

Try to over ride the "Get DDC" or whatever it was called in the ATI catalyst control center before restarting your computer and manuely set your settings.

P.S. Its on the moniter tab

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back