Help - Win XP - BSOD and other quirks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

First Up thanks for being patient enough to read this post. Hope you can help.

My System and OS:

HP pavillion dv2000 laptop.
Intel CPU T2050 @ 1.60Ghz
512 MB RAM
Fujitsu 80GB HDD (MHV2080BH PL)
Graphics - Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
MS Windows XP Home Edition
Version 2002. Service Pack 3

Frequently Used Programs

Mozilla Firefox
Thunderbird
VLC Player
WMP
Winamp
Adobe Illustrator CS
Bitcomet 1.00 Stable Release
CCleaner

Recent Problems:
1. When booting onto safe mode - i get a prompt for disabling loading SPTD.sys irrespective of what i do it goes on to boot into safe mode. Sometimes (rarely) if i choose safemode with networking, system doesnt boot - instead shuts down.

2. The main problem is when in safe mode - my keyboard does not work. Its locked.
If i need to type something i need to cut and paste from some txt file using mouse.
This did not happen earlier.

Recently i cleaned my system of the Bar311.exe virus. Realised the keyboard problem only then. Cos i had to run regedit. Now system is rid of Bar311.exe. But the safe boot keyboard problem persists.

3. This is a peculiar problem - and only happens after i reboot normally after returning from safe mode. (esp If i have turned off system restore during safemode). I get the BSOD with the following message.

Stop - C000021a {Fatal system Error}
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with the status of
0x00000402 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shutdown.

The reason this problem is peculiar is because, if i keep trying to restart or if i give the machine a 5 min break and restart this doesnt happen. It goes onto normal boot sequence.

General Problems:
1. System tends to heat up. The CPU fan is loose, cos sometimes i can hear the horrible sound it makes as it rubs against the laptop casing.

2. System tends to be slow sometimes - but i guess i need to upgrade RAM fast. 512mb is lame.

I am hoping to take it to HP service sooner than later.

I have installed CCleaner, Malwarebytes Anti Malware and SUPER AntiSpyware, which i run at least once a week. CCleaner is used everyday cos i am extensively online.

=======================================

Pls find attached the logfile of HJT

Any help would be greatly hugely appreciated to solve the above issue/s.
Thank you once again for reading through this long post.
Chenneye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back