Help: Win7 64 Random BSOD; Not Hardware?

By Jasper101
Jan 17, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all!

I have been running my pc on win7 32 RC1 and decided it was time to buy the retail version. I bought Windows 7 64 Home Premium. I was also given a Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 120Gb SATA hard drive, so I decided I would install it on that instead of my older IDE HD's. This is my first time using SATA.

I have installed my new hard drive and loaded windows 7 on it fine. However, after around 10 minutes the computer will get a random BSOD and restart. I have seen these errors so far - 0x000000: 1e, 44, 3b, f4, 4e, 1a, 24, and 50.

I triple boot this system with OSX10.5, RC1 32 win7, and now win7 64. Both of my other OS's are on separate IDE harddrives and both of these systems can read/write on the new Sata hd fine. That to me means I do not have any hardware problems. The only difference between Win7RC1 and Win7 HomePrem is that Homeprem in on a SATA HD and 64 bit. I have updated my bios and tried to get the most recent 64 bit drivers available.

In order to get my new Sata/64bit system working I had to add new ram (I know its good; ran memtest and it works fine with RC1/osx) and change my powerpack (it works fine with my IDE HD's).

Here is the most recent error I received:

I went ahead and looked in the event viewer and here are the events that stood out to me.

I have attached my most recent system dump files and my event log file (.evtx?). Thanks in advance!

Oh, Here are my system specs:
    CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6300
    Mobo: ECS pt890t-a
    Mem: 3Gb DDR2 533Mhz
    Video: PNY GeForce 6600 PCIe 256MB
    HDD: 2: 80gb IDE, 1: Seagate Barracuda 7200 120Gb
    Sound: Onboard

Attached Files:

2. DjKraid

DjKraid TechSpot Maniac Posts: 617   +14

3. Jasper101

Jasper101 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I just tested this. When I boot win7 64 in safe mode I do not get a BSOD, so that confirms that this is a software/driver problem. Any suggestions?

I did follow these steps

However, Is still get a BSOD even with all non-microsoft services disabled.. I have updated my mini-dump attachment with my 6 latest dumps. If any one has any idea of what I should do next let me know. I am clueless. :(
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.