HELP, Windows Won't Start Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCellR8

I've been having some issues with my new computer lately; now I can't even get Windows XP to boot up! It all started when I couldn't get SLI to work correctly. Today I tried enabling the technology again after installing the latest display drivers and Service Pack 3. I attempted to run a stressful 3D application (UT3) to see if I had fixed the problem; unfortunately, nothing has changed. About 10 seconds after loading a map the game crashed and I had to hard reset the system. To make things even worse, I can't get Windows to boot back up! I can't even get the "Last Known Good Config" to work. I haven't touched any settings in the BIOS so I don't know what to do. It just wont start up!

[UPDATE]: Finally got XP to boot up but now I have another problem. My SATA hard drive isn't being recognized by the OS! I can see it in the BIOS under SATA 1 but it doesn't appear in "My Computer" or in the "Device Manager." I hope it's not fried :( I also noticed that Windows XP takes a ridiculously long time to boot up, like 5+ minutes until the log on screen appears. What the hell is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back