HELP!! Wireless connection and browsing on laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My dad has set up linkskys wireless onto our main home pc and i now want to use it on my laptop. I have got to the stage where i enter the network key and have been typing in what i think the key is (it seems to work so that i connect to the network but says it is authentisizing the address or something). So where do i find the Network Key??

Also, when i do have the connection and it says it is connected, i click onto internet explorer and it says i'm working offline and do i want to connect. I click yes and then a box saying dial up connections appears with a choice of broadband connection, dial-up and direct but none of these options works so that i can access the web.

Maybe i am not fully connected to linkskys at this point due to the WEP key, or maybe i need to configure something else, i really have no idea.

Your replies would be greatly appreciated as i'm afraid i have no clues or ideas!!!

Amy

Ask your dad whether you are using the right network key. Also, ask him if he has put any additional restrictions in place like letting only specific computers connect at a specific time. Ask him if he allowed internet access for wireless devices in the router configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back