Help with a Panimage device

learninmypc

A friend just handed me a Panimage device & I'm wondering if RAM can be added to it because its slower than a turtle. She wants to use it around the house, but so far its very sloooooooow.
I haven't gone thru the website I linked to yet, but if anybody has any experience with this type of device, I'm listening.TIA:)

Look it up on xda developers. Might be able to find some useful info on rooting the tablet or flashing it w/ custom ROM to make it snappier. As far as hardware goes, other than adding microSD card for additional storage, there isn't much you can do w/ a tablet. Might be able to OC the tablet, but that typically requires root access and depends on the hardware.

edit: One thing I forgot to ask is whether the latest firmware is installed?

Look it up on xda developers. Might be able to find some useful info on rooting the tablet or flashing it w/ custom ROM to make it snappier. As far as hardware goes, other than adding microSD card for additional storage, there isn't much you can do w/ a tablet. Might be able to OC the tablet, but that typically requires root access and depends on the hardware.

edit: One thing I forgot to ask is whether the latest firmware is installed?
Ok, all of what you're saying is over my head but, I did check the firmware http://www.panimagemedia.net/downloads/
but not sure if it did update/upgrade it.
I'd like to also know how to keep it from turning off so soon. I click the button to turn it on & the screen says Screen locked, press menu to unlock. If I don't, it turns off in seconds.
I do understand the " other than adding microSD card for additional storage, there isn't much you can do w/ a tablet.".
I'm not able to find an owners manual online to download. This device is 2nd hand.:)

I'd like to also know how to keep it from turning off so soon. I click the button to turn it on & the screen says Screen locked, press menu to unlock. If I don't, it turns off in seconds.

Try Settings > DisplaySettings > Screen Timeout

As far as rooting and ROM goes, rooting gives you and apps sort of like admin access to the device. Lets you uninstall bloatware, install adblocker, OC device, etc. There are customized ROMs, think OS, based on the official versions of Android OS, but has been tweaked to offer better performance than the official version. They usually come with their own look & feel.

*The above is probably too simplified and might be a bit off, as I just started looking into these myself. Feel free to add/correct.

Try Settings > DisplaySettings > Screen Timeout

As far as rooting and ROM goes, rooting gives you and apps sort of like admin access to the device. Lets you uninstall bloatware, install adblocker, OC device, etc. There are customized ROMs, think OS, based on the official versions of Android OS, but has been tweaked to offer better performance than the official version. They usually come with their own look & feel.

*The above is probably too simplified and might be a bit off, as I just started looking into these myself. Feel free to add/correct.
Ok,I did get the firmware updated & I was successful at
Setting the screen time out thank you.
This is a totally new area for me so I appreciate all the help I can get.
I still can't find any owners manual online to download.

Only if there's an Android version, which I don't see in the Market. Does the tablet have an icon for Google Pay (Google Market was the old name)? Icon (now) is a white shopping bag w/ Google Play logo. I don't remember what it used to look like. You'll need to set up a Google email acct to download app (from your device) or if you're using a browser on a computer, sent it to your device. https://play.google.com

What is it that you're trying to find out about your tablet? There might be something similar in the market. I think you have an old Android on the tab, 1.6 or something. FYI, some apps don't work on Android prior to version 2. Look around, might find something.

Only if there's an Android version, which I don't see in the Market. Does the tablet have an icon for Google Pay (Google Market was the old name)? Icon (now) is a white shopping bag w/ Google Play logo. I don't remember what it used to look like. You'll need to set up a Google email acct to download app (from your device) or if you're using a browser on a computer, sent it to your device. https://play.google.com

What is it that you're trying to find out about your tablet? There might be something similar in the market. I think you have an old Android on the tab, 1.6 or something. FYI, some apps don't work on Android prior to version 2. Look around, might find something.
I wasn't looking for anything specific, just to see what I could see is all. I know, curiosity killed the cat. It does go to https://play.google.com but it takes about 15 minutes to get there. I have to get our router either relocated or a booster. Thanks.
I'm just too impatient with it.:D

If you got the first gen QVC from Nov 2010 then I support that one with New! PowerCode WMT216 DV600 Rooted ROM + ROM Upgrade.

Sample Screen below:

20110510.jpg

226356_10150187601652949_4127449_n.jpg

Ok, I think my best bet is find out what it takes to speed it up,(microSD card) have her get it then I can continue from there because it is just too slow to do anything right now. Thank you.:)

From some of the videos I've see on YouTube, the tablet is slow, not sure if relocating your router would help, unless you're having similar issue w/ another wi-fi device.

Ok, I think my best bet is find out what it takes to speed it up,(microSD card) have her get it then I can continue from there because it is just too slow to do anything right now. Thank you.:)

That's easy to do on these tablets once the Root is applied to them. Those are part of the tweaks I provide. By default the buffer is set to 128K it needs to be either 2048K to 4096K.

From some of the videos I've see on YouTube, the tablet is slow, not sure if relocating your router would help, unless you're having similar issue w/ another wi-fi device.
In this case, the router is at the opposite end of the building & many walls to go thru. I'm going to try a canantennae this week to see if it helps. If so, great. If not, it'll be relocated because even my tower is slow on wi fi.

That's easy to do on these tablets once the Root is applied to them. Those are part of the tweaks I provide. By default the buffer is set to 128K it needs to be either 2048K to 4096K.
Ok, to be painfully honest, I have no idea how to do what you're talking about. This is a 2nd hand device & I have no idea what the original owner might of done to it.

On its desktop it has a Magic Album which when tapped on it brings up weather as seen here.Sorry,I couldn't get it any clearer but I clicked on settimng>weather & changed it to my local weather
Weather.jpgbut even after saving it, it still shows Beijing. How can I fix this? I've gone thru the manual,but nothing.

Maybe you have to select your city as the default? At least that's how mine works (Beautiful Widgets). I have multiple cities, and the default is what's displayed.

I have 3 cities in my list, and I just tap on the one that I want to be the default. Then the word "Default" appears under it. If tapping on it doesn't do anything, try tap and hold. Maybe a menu would come up.

Manual to my tablet, an Asus Transformer Infinity running Android 4.1.1? Or the app I mentioned above?

Back