Help with a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

By Jaquio
Jan 21, 2006
  1. Hi everyone...
    Needing help with the following...

I just got a Toshiba Satellite Laptop that it doesnt start Windows... it turns on... it shows the Toshiba Intro screen... and then thats it... it becomes black... until i get a message that says Windows Error System file missing please insert your Windows CD and choose R to Repair your Windows...

I can get into the BIOS, checked everything and its all fine (i guess)... but when i try to change the boot order so i can boot from a Windows CD it does nothing... it kind skips the boot order and goes right through HDD boot and then i got the message described before...

Any hints?

Dead HDD?... :hotbounce
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,156   +598

hold F12 during boot with the cd already inserted
  3. Jaquio

Jaquio TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 26

that was helpful! :D
  4. o0oannieeo0o

o0oannieeo0o TS Rookie

hi i'm having a similar problem as JAQUIO

Everytime i turn on my computer it will go to the toshiba intro screen but doesn't start windows, then it becomes black with a message "A disc read error occurred...please press CRTL + ALT + Delete to restart"

and when i do that it does back to the Toshiba intro screen and goes back to the black screen with the same message..however when i'm on the intro screen i can press f2 and f12 to setup or boot..

if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated...i'm soo desperate.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.