Help with adding a second hard drive

Hello. Let me first state that I am new to computers. Also I mostly use them for gaming. I recently got accepted to a beta for a new game, but it needs 30Gb for the install. I do not have enough room on my C drive for this. I do have another 74GB raptor drive not being used at the moment.

Could I add this other raptor drive to my computer and Install that beta game on it and play from there? I never had a computer with more than one drive so I really don't know how to utilize a second drive. Can I play games from that second drive or is only for storing data and pictures etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Hi Waxalot,

welcome to TechSpot. 30Gb for a beta game? nice! is this Diablo mulitplayer? or WoW? (just guessing)

Yes you can install a second drive onto your PC and install/run the game onto your second drive.

Hope this helps

James

It is the beta for DC Universe.

Could you tell me do I choose the Primary partition to do this when installing it? Also do I have to set anything up on the new hard drive, like a new folder or something to send the game there when downloading it..instead of downloading it to the Cdrive?

I am sorry I am just a little bit confused on how to actuall instal the game on the new drive. Never had more than a C drive before so I actually dont know how to use it either

Thanks

is the second HDD already installed?

If so when you install the beta you will be asked which drive ot install it on. Just select your second HDD.

If its NOT installed then when you install it make sure it is set to SECONDARY so that it doesn't conflict with it loading up with OS.

Hope this helps
James

Thanks again for the information. I got the second drive going with no problems. Just gonna have to download the game now.

I appreciate your help!

Back