TechSpot

Help with an emachine

By rlsbret
Mar 2, 2007
  1. Initially the computer would not come on, I had to replace the power supply...and the fan...and it came on with an error message regarding the A drive. I would over look that and when it got to the windows screen it froze. I disconnected the A drive and now when I plug it into the monitor...I get nothing...and the light (signaling computer on) keeps flashing...

I know the monitor works, cuz I am using it now...

specs:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    2.5GHZ intel celeron procesor
    40 GB
    256MB
    E machine T2542

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Unfortunately, when the psu went bad, it`s probably fried other components as well, including the mobo. This is a common occurrence with E-machines. See this thread HERE.

Our forums are littered with stories just like yours. :(

Regards Howard :)

3. rlsbret

rlsbret TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks

I just was hoping there was something else I could do before I gave up...when looking online they suggested the graphics card...but I don't know why that would freeze windows...

I will give up and call the emachine the winner...this time...

Thanks again

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Another Emachines bites the dust... Prepare to have the power supply and the motherboard replaced, if you don't want to buy a new computer. What is the Emachines model number and how old is the system

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.