Help with buying a new Mobo

By MetalX
Aug 12, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys I am thinking of getting a 939 Athlon 64 and I want to get a mobo that supports AGP and PCI-E. So i found this:

http://www.asrock.com/product/939Dual-SATA2.htm

I was wondering if anyone knows if the PCI-E runs at X16 or slower. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

Well, PCI Express x16 is supposed, I guess, to run at x16 bandwidth, though in some SLI systems, the total bandwidth is x16, so each card only gets x8, but anyway... that looks like a cool board, as long as it isn't of too cheap quality. Oh yeah, that PCI-e x16 ought to run at the full x16 bandwidth, or very near it at least.
    hoping to help
    kitty500cat
  3. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,909

Yea... well I don't really care as long as it is 8X or 16X... i would only care if it was 4X or something. Does anyone know anything about the quality of this board... I don't really want to overclock but as long as the board won't fry on me, I will be happy.
  4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard

I'm sure the PCI-e would run at x16, or wouldn't dip below x8, anyway. You can check out the reviews for the board here http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16813157081. You can go to the item description from there. I think it is a good solid board; it should be a good investment. You can even upgrade to AM2/DDR2 later;). Maybe somewhere other than Newegg has it cheaper, I don't know.
    good luck
    kitty500cat
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,909

Ty a lot kitty. Im gonna get it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.