Help with buying new CPU and what cooling to choose

Obzoleet

Hello,

I am considering upgrading my PC with a new CPU and some cooling for it.

At the moment I have an i5 4570 with stock cooler. It reaches 70c under heavy load.

I have a Bitfenix Mini ITX case using MOBO Gigabyte Z87N-Wifi,

I have been looking at an i7 4770K or 4790K, Is there any other better CPU in that pricerange you would recommend?

I have never overclocked but I have been planning to eventually overclock a little.

For cooling I have looked at the H105i , Would it fit my case even? I read its abit bigger then the H100i. I have checked the specs and as far as I can see it SHOULD fit?

Are there any other coolers you can recommend instead? :)

Thanks for any input or advice!

Kind regards!

If you want a nice little yet powerful cooler, get the Hyper 212 Evo. It can probably handle a .2-.3GHz overlock at least.

Out of curiosity, what are you running on the machine that results in such high temps?

The only games that I play atm that could be a little demanding is Elder scrolls Online and Assassins creed.

Imo it shouldnt bring the CPU up to 70c (Sometimes it can even get up 75c :O ) I have tried to re apply cooling paste 3 times in total over the last few months being worried I applied it wrong but still same issue.

I did go ahead and ordered an H105 and a different cooling paste so that should fix it :)

Update: After a night of testing I am satisfied, the H105i keeps my CPU under 45c no matter what game I throw at it :)

Back