TechSpot

Help with C&C3: Tiberium Wars

By herringtonjc
Jul 12, 2008
  1. I have to run all my gf/x as low as possible to even be decently playable. If I'm on a large map (6+ players) even with the gf/x all the way down, no shadows, none of the flashy specials, I start to get really low FPS rates and choppy play.

Video Card, RAM? What is needing to be upgraded?

I've got 2.5GB DDR RAM and a Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card.

I want to see a bit of flashy game play, as is, I'm lucky I can see the little guys shooting stuff.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Your RAM is fine, it's your Video Card that is the issue. Even though you might meet the game's minimum requirement that card is very low end for today's gaming.

I have a 9600 GT and on the big maps when all kinds of troops are moving I get slow downs (of course I haven't tweaked my vid card yet).

What is your cpu? What make and model is your motherboard?

3. herringtonjc

herringtonjc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

AMD Sempron 2600+ CPU, not sure on my MOBO... I ran Belarc, and it told me KT600-8237.

Sorry for the late reply, I had a serious error with some HDD drivers, crashing my OS, so I had to tinker with my CMOS a bit.

4. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

How old is your PC? I suspect your motherboard can only take AGP video cards and if that is true then you will be limited to what you can upgrade.

Google for a little utility called SIW. It is free and contains no malware. Install and run it. Look for:

Make and model of your motherboard, plus if it has AGP and PCI-e(I doubt it has the latter). Also, let us know with the AGP if it 2x, 4x, 8x or a combination.

* In addition, have you run a full harddrive diagnostics?

5. herringtonjc

herringtonjc TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

I know my Mobo specifications in that field. 8x AGP slot. I found a ATI Radeon X700Pro DDR3 AGP gfx card. Any opinions on this card, as far as compatability, and preformance?
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RX700PROGA-C3&cat=VCD

HDD Diagnostics? I am not sure, I was dealing with BSOD, and then my computer took me to my choice between safe mode and such. I finally fixed my CMOS to where I can use the computer again at the expense of the BSOD. It sort of chooses when it wants to shut down, I saved a screencap of the Error Report with technical information showing. I may make another thread for that.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.