Help with compression !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelowna03

Hello guys,

Would anybody know if nero could compress the videos ? If it does, would you be so kind telling me where to go and compress the videos.

Thanks

If you already have Recode and know how to use it, then use that, since it can compress to the AVC format. If not, get the XviD codec and use a free application/program like VirtualDub or Xmpeg to compress the files.

Hi Matt2971, I do have MediaCoder on my machine but I don't know how to compress the videos with it. Actually, I thought it does not compress the video;therefore, I installed Nero 7 on my computer. So, please sir if you could tell me how to compress the video using MediaCoder, I will be very thank ful to you !

This is what I'd do to convert a file from any format to the compression format I want, using v0.5.1:

- add the file
- click on the Video tab
- choose the backend (I use MEncoder)
- choose the source (I use the default - AVIsynth)
- choose the codec to compress with (I usually use xvid or MPEG4)
- choose the format of the container (I usually use the default - avi)
- click on the Audio tab.
- The only setting I use is the Encoder - I usually use LAME MP3
- Mess with any other settings, there's about a billion.
- Make sure the Task Mode dropdown is on Default
- Use the Summary tab to confirm what you are about to do
- Check your Output folder at the top right
- Click the Start button

Hope that helps.

Thanks Matt ! I did what you said and the everything is fine except for the video is running in a slow mode. I don't know either their is audio problem or video. The codec that I used to compress video was MPEG4. I'll try Xvid this time and see what happened. Anyways, thanks a lot for taking me through the detail process !!! Appreciate a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back