Thank you for taking the time to read this... I friend of mine left his laptop on the floor and their dog pissed on it frying the motherboard. Took it apart and found the board corroded and dead. Bought the whole bottom part from eBay which included the board, CPU, casing, etc.. it did not however include peripherals & RAM. Assembled unit and here's my problem. 1) The unit fires up OK. 2) As soon as it does, there's no display on the screen. 3) The CAPS, number & scroll lock indicators start blinking rapidly... over & over never stopping or shutting down. 4) System stalls here and won't do anything else. 5) No beeps or anything else for that matter. I'm currently waiting for new RAM but was wondering if any of you have any idea what the problem could be... The only components from the old unit I'm using are: 1) HDD 2) CD-Rom 3) LCD 4) Wireless Card 5) RAM I've tried reseating RAM & using different slot, powering without power adapter/battery & booting without HDD... to no avail. Any input or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.