Help with Dell XPS 410 Dual boot system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I'm fairly new to the IT world. I have a Dell XPS 410 and I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro on a secondary hard drive. I'm currently running Win XP Media. Every time I try to install Pro on my secondary hard drive, it goes through the process, but as it seems to just about run the GUI, I get a blue screen. Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appretiated.

Is that the workstation?
How much RAM, XP 32bit or 64bit?

If your secondary drive is SCSI or SATA, that might be your problem right there, I don't know of options in the BIOS in regards to SATA but if you do have SATA or SCSI, you might have to press F6 and provide the drivers after you press F8 for EULA.

So you plan a dual boot to two different systems on two different drives? Please describe a bit what you are planning... as well as how much memory is installed? Are you using the Dell Windows XP Pro, a full version, or an OEM version?

I want to install Windows XP Pro full version on my secodary hard drive. My primary is running Windows XP Med. I have 4G of RAM. The secondary hard drive is a 320G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back