TechSpot

Help with dongle or similar

By terry5880
Mar 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi all , every year I go away to my caravan on holiday park and I ike to have a little bet on horses etc but when trying to watch race its not that good with the dongle.. can anyone advise me on a really good one or a better way to do it . I do have unlimted data usage onmy mobile chip... hope this all makes sense.. thanks for any help in advance

2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,479   +624

The only way to get faster Internet speed is to use a 4G/LTE stick or tethered mobile.

3. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 527

Thanks how much is one and where could I buy from im in london uk

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,453   +242

I'd suggest www.google.com it since we don't know your price range or other specs.:)

5. St1ckM4n

I don't know exactly what mobile carriers are in UK. Try going to your local T-Mobile, Orange, etc store and ask.

6. terry5880

terry5880 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 527

I got a 3 chip as im on 3 network so need a dongle to support 3 and up to like £50 thanks for the help ..oh and stick I did go in to shop but they tried to sell me a chit one saying it was good but I knew that one as mate had one

7. St1ckM4n

Don't know man, you may have to go with the options that 3 provide. The mobile sticks are usually network locked, so a T-mobile one won't work on 3 until you unlock it. This process can be both costly and time consuming.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.