Help with dxdiag, directshow problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdanso

directshow causes dxdiag to crash and i can't use direct x with games i get the blue screen of death with nv4disp.dll. I have the latest drivers... Why does directshow crash and what can i do to fix it? reinstall directx? This all makes sense now because streaming media has been horrible. I don't need to tell you specs i just want to resolve the directshow issue. direct 3d also doesnt work... thx

Try reinstalling DirectX and see if it helps

Are you using Windows XP or Vista? This decides what version you want to install.

Daveskater said:
Try reinstalling DirectX and see if it helps

Are you using Windows XP or Vista? This decides what version you want to install.

i'm using windows xp... i just reinstalled direct x 9 latest version and it still doesnt work directshow crashes ... this basically messes up my streaming media. also direct3d i get BSOD ... i had it working before...

Go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump and put your 5 latest dumps in a zip file and upload it here (NOTE: The file size for the zip has to be less than 100kb, if it's not then only put a couple of dumps in a zip file at a time)

the minidump shows what was in memory at crash.

What drivers and graphics card do you have because it may be a driver support issue where directX cant get information over your drivers to your graphic hardware.

i looked at the most recent dump in the ones you attached and it says this:

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

try to make it BSOD again and attach that dump, then we can see if it will tell us what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back