TechSpot

Help with gaming on my laptop

By zeroslack
Jun 26, 2008
  1. I want help trying to run warcraft 3 on my laptop because i have successfully installed the game and when i try to go to Battle.Net it downloads the updates and then it says restart warcraft 3 to apply the upgrades and when i restart it, it says "An Error Occurred When Applying the Upgrades". This only seems to be a problem on my laptop and not my other desktop computers.

Please Help.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Tell us the laptop brand and model, or the configuration. The problem is usuall that Warcraft 3 won't work on many laptops... due to memory, audio capabilities, of video graphics hardware or drivers.

3. zeroslack

zeroslack TS Rookie Topic Starter

TOSHIBA Satellite.

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

TOSHIBA Satellite what? There are model numbers too

5. zeroslack

P205d-s7802

6. Tmagic650

The specs on your laptop are good (for a laptop). Make sure your are fully updated to Vista SP1 and check on Toshibas support for any updated Vista drivers

7. zeroslack

So if im fully upgraded warcraft 3 should work?

8. Tmagic650

Yes we are talking about Toshiba Vista updates and Windows Vista updates not Warcraft 3 updates until the other updates are completed. Do the Windows Vista updates first

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.