TechSpot

Help with internet issues with my laptop

By darknate
Mar 27, 2009
  1. whenever i go to my friends house and connect to his internet wirelessly, it kicks him off of the internet to have my laptop connect. we both use laptops. But here is the funny part, my other friend comes over on his desktop and he can connect to his wireless just fine without kicking him off. he uses Time Warner cable roadrunner internet. linksis router

2. darknate

darknate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 49

i figured it out, go ahead and delete this post

3. Dolce

Dolce TS Rookie

Was it an IP address conflict? both machines using the same IP?

4. darknate

darknate TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 49

Well, the full story is, I get my internet through sprint at my house, cause I live out in the country and that's all I can get. so when I come over to his house, I'm connected to sprint and then I try and connect to his wireless. I was told I can't be connected to both at the same time and to fully disconnect sprint and it worked....I feel like a dumb person now, but it's finally working. It was also giving us the error message of having the same IP even though my computer is set up to automatically assign me an IP address for wireless networks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.