Help with IP address login

dxfatty

hi i am trying to port forward my pc to a game, and i am having troubles loging into my ip address, i cant seem to actually get on to it,i have typed in the right password an username, and it just redirects me to the login, i have a echolife hg520s. i have made a hyper link and everything. i have tryed internet explorer to login but still no results, when i cancal the login it gives me this.....

Protected Object

This object on the RomPager server is protected

plz plz help me!!!!

1. Do you have the right IP addresses? (and do they change?)
    >> either assign your computer static IPs or use address reservation in your router to reserve and re-use the IP address it assigns each time
    >> Start->Run, enter cmd. At prompt enter ipconfig /all to check IP assigned to your ethernet and/or wireless adapters
  2. Have you port forwarded the correct ports for your game?
  3. Make sure your computer firewall also opened those ports

I also found this that might also help give some info specific to your router

Are you saying you arent' running ANY firewall? (not even Windows firewall?) Or have you turned Windows firewall off? What version of Windows are you using?

i am using vista, and i have firewall turned off since i have mcafee

Re: Windows firewall being off
OK. Tho if you haven't yet it's still worth double check as i've seen cases where Windows firewall manages to turn itself back on. Control Panel->Windows Firewall and check its settings

i have mcafee
Have you checked the settings for the mcafee firewall? If you run mcafee Total Protect or Internet Security there's a mcafee firewall as well. Which product do you run? Have you tried the port forward with the mcafee firewall off as well? (You can turn it off for a quick test but should have it turned on and correct ports open for normal operation)

Let's also double check your IP address assignments. Click Start->Run, then copy/paste the command line below.
Code:
cmd /c ipconfig /all > "%userprofile%\desktop\ipconfig.txt"
The command will put an ipconfig.txt file on your desktop. Please attach it to your next post

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Arjann-Laptop
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5100
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-22-FA-77-2F-3E
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.225.154(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1E-33-1E-24-5F
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::5c7:7a99:51aa:679b%10(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 218144977
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-11-D4-59-9D-00-1E-33-1E-24-5F
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{D7D875F0-2A76-4C9B-AC8A-6020B6E459CD}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.{0FAA85B7-4C67-4C95-8036-02723AB7A771}
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0

and i have tried with mcafee off and all firewall settings off, i seriously am getting pi$$ed off with this

and i have tried with mcafee off and all firewall settings off, i seriously am getting pi$$ed off with this
Someone on here once said.. "Who needs a hobby when you have a PC!". And yea, i know what the frustration and pain can be like!

So looks like your wireless isn't connected and uses DHCP IP assignments. So i'm guessing you're trying to port forward to 192.168.1.3 which looks like the static IP you assigned your ethernet connection?

And what game are you trying to connect to? Then we can double check you have all the right ports forwarded

i havent got a wireless connection, since it dont work for some reason i use wired, and yes i am trying to port to that address, i am trying to connect to dynasty warriros bb for the ps3

for one, you can disable the IPv6; it's not useful for our home systems.

hi i am trying to port forward my pc to a game, and i am having troubles loging into my ip address, i cant seem to actually get on to it,i have typed in the right password an username, and it just redirects me to the login, i have a echolife hg520s. i have made a hyper link and everything. i have tryed internet explorer to login but still no results, when i cancal the login it gives me this.....

Protected Object

This object on the RomPager server is protected

plz plz help me!!!!

Oh. I just re-read your first post and want to make sure i didn't mis-interpret exactly what you are saying/doing
> When you say "i am trying to port forward my pc to a game, and i am having troubles loging into my ip address," you mean you are trying to login to your echolife hg520s router? the game server? other?
> Exactly what are you entering into the IE address bar? (e.g.do you enter 192.168.1.1? or a url? or something else? Could you post back exactly what you are entering into the IE address bar

ok i am trying to log on to 192.168.1.1 and yes i enter in the IE that ip address

OK. Good. Are you entering the default username/password for your EchoLife-HG520s? (which i found is username: admin and password: admin). The router's logon will be the default unless someone has changed the default. If router logon was changed and you don't remember the values, you'll need to reset your router to factory defaults (do you have the router's user manual?)

i know the pass, since when i type it in it just redirects me the the ip login again straght away, if i tried to type somin else it would take its time to redirect so i am using the right pass

i know the pass, since when i type it in it just redirects me the the ip login again straght away, if i tried to type somin else it would take its time to redirect so i am using the right pass

Interesting symptom.... I vaguely recall seeing pop-blockers interfere with router logon on occasion. Try turning your IE pop blocker off.

/* edit */
p.s. some toolbars, e.g. Google toolbar, might also have settings for pop blocking

for one, you can disable the IPv6; it's not useful for our home systems.

@jobeard
I've read ipv6 is required in Win 7 for some home networking functions to work (and i think - but not certain- i read something about it also needed for some Media Player functions). You might also find this MS Technet magazine article interesting.

Interesting article; thanks
IPv6 is a mandatory part of the Windows operating system and it is enabled and included in standard Windows service and application testing during the operating system development process
That applies to systems joined to a Domain Controller

so i'll reiterate
Originally Posted by jobeard
for one, you can disable the IPv6; it's not useful for our home systems

Interesting article; thanks
That applies to systems joined to a Domain Controller

One of the examples found in that article: Needing ipv6 for a peer-to-peer network among family members... No domain controllers involved in peer-to-peer networks as i recall?
HomeGroup

HomeGroup in Windows 7 is a new way for computers on home networks to associate with each other and to let family members share documents, pictures, music, videos, and printers. HomeGroup relies on IPv6 connectivity and the Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking Platform on computers running Windows 7 on a single-subnet home network.

my my; I stand corrected :)

However, having run Print/File sharing w/o IPv6 and not only disdain p2p but would never recommend it, Personally I would still disable it. There are other Media Players and if MS wants to do migrate client services to IPv6 of course they can do as they please.

A bigger issue for the home user is the router's support for it with Window Scaling features, SPI, SACKOPTS ... just too many things for a protocol that not widely in use.

(consider: Win/3.1, Win/98, and XP all had IPv4 and we got along well enough and the routers we used didn't even list IPv6 compatibility;
how many do now?)

Peace and good will to all

Darn! :(

I thought for sure the pop-blockers would do it (as your symptom sounded soooo familiar to my similar problem in the past)

About the only other things i can think of is resetting your IE to defaults (in case security/privacy settings too high or there's a conflict between the router and an addon) See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings

Otherwise, i think you're forced to do a router reset to factory defaults (and have to redo all the settings)

Or, finally, throw the darn router out and get a new one :dead:

all settings return to the factory defaults (i.e. the way it was set when you first bought it). The logon defaults should also be admin / admin again.

1) Yes. A reset will reset all the options on your router back to factory defaults (including logon id/password as well as your all your wireless settings - including SSID and password)

2) But did you buy the Huawei Echolife HG520s yourself? I tried to take a quick look at it and i suspect it may be supported by your ISP. If so, you're best to contact your ISP about the reset as they may want you to also set special options specific to your ISP internet connection service

Back