Help with keyboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really know how this happens, but I play a lot of online games and it seems that when i press a combination of keys, the alt key seems to be held down. For example, when I try to click on Google Chrome in the quick start, instead of opening the page, it'll go to Google Chrome Properties. It seems the only way to revert this is to restart but I'm hoping someone here could help me with an easier solution. I'm using a Gateway M1631-U laptop with a usb keyboard attatched to it. It happened to me recently and I just restarted my laptop, but when it happens again I'll post more of the errors I'm getting. Any help is appreciated.

External USB keyboards play all sorts of havoc on laptops... You can sometimes alleviate some of the problems by not connecting the USB keyboard until the laptop operating system and other programs are fully installed.
It seems to have something to do with the delayed responses when the USB keyboard is not installed until way late in the setup chain.
Try plugging in the external USB keyboard after all other software has installed. Let us know if it works

Thank you for such a quick response. I normally do hook up the keyboard before turning the laptop on. I won't be home all day so I will give it a shot tonight and post my results asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back