Help with linking to FTP site for images

By moonfruit
May 10, 2009
  1. Hi
    I hope this is the right place for help! I am currently setting up an ebay shop and want to use HTML to design the ebay shop as the templates are pretty bad. I have an FTP site with images uploaded. I need to know if it is possible to link to the images on the FTP site from the HTML in ebay. I have succeeded in doing this using photobucket but quickly exceed my bandwidth.

I hope this makes sense, I am pretty new to HTML! Any help would be appreciated.

2. RonS WIN TEAM

RonS WIN TEAM TS Rookie Posts: 40

From what I understand, using a photo hosting site like Photobucket, etc. is the easiest way to do this. As far as I know, FTP sites are used to house files, but not display them so trying to link to a photo on an FTP site would basically be linking to the file to download, rather than to view.

There are a ton of photo hosting sites out there, I’d say just find the one that works best for you.

3. moonfruit

moonfruit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 30

Many thanks for the reply. After many hours of reading, I came to the same conclusion, it can't be done!!
  4. RonS WIN TEAM

RonS WIN TEAM TS Rookie Posts: 40

Seems to be the case… But, here’s the good part: if we figure out how to do it we’ll be famous! :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.