TechSpot

Help with linking to FTP site for images

By moonfruit
May 10, 2009
  1. Hi
    I hope this is the right place for help! I am currently setting up an ebay shop and want to use HTML to design the ebay shop as the templates are pretty bad. I have an FTP site with images uploaded. I need to know if it is possible to link to the images on the FTP site from the HTML in ebay. I have succeeded in doing this using photobucket but quickly exceed my bandwidth.

I hope this makes sense, I am pretty new to HTML! Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. RonS WIN TEAM

RonS WIN TEAM TS Rookie Posts: 41

From what I understand, using a photo hosting site like Photobucket, etc. is the easiest way to do this. As far as I know, FTP sites are used to house files, but not display them so trying to link to a photo on an FTP site would basically be linking to the file to download, rather than to view.

There are a ton of photo hosting sites out there, I’d say just find the one that works best for you.

Cheers,

3. moonfruit

moonfruit TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

Many thanks for the reply. After many hours of reading, I came to the same conclusion, it can't be done!!

4. RonS WIN TEAM

RonS WIN TEAM TS Rookie Posts: 41

Seems to be the case… But, here’s the good part: if we figure out how to do it we’ll be famous! :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.