Help with mini dumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done what was listed by Julio before posting this but no luck, so is there anyone that can please help me with my mini dump problems. They seem to be more frequent some days but have just become annoying.

Are you using a SATA harddrive? Twice your minidumps pointed to SiWinAcc.sys which is a Windows Accelerator Driver by Silicon Image, Inc.

Couple this with your 0x24 errors Ntfs_File_System. From aumha.org:

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software.

1. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities.

2. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Now if a SATA driver is being pointed out and you couple this with your 0x24 errors I would say you need to a) reinstall your SATA drive, b) run chkdsk/r and then chkdsk/f and then c) run a haddrive diagnostics.

Ok thanks for the suggestions, it will take me a little bit but i will go ahead and try what you said. Yes it is a SATA drive system that is mirrored, i use these drives to store a lot of images that i work on and periodically burn them off, but i always try to defrag at least twice a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back