Help with minidump needed for new system running XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

curt1s

Hello,

Just built a new system from the ground up and I get rebooted about 3 times a day. I have attached the minidump file. Can someone pleas ehelp me understand and fix what is wrong?

Thanks!

Inside the 3 MiniDumps:
BugCheck C2, {40, 0, 80000000, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 10000050, {bad0b0aa, 0, 8054b51a, 3}
Could not read faulting driver name

BugCheck C2, {40, 1000, 80000000, 0}

Bugcheck code C2 is usually caused by bad RAM
Please run Memtest on your Ram for 7 passes

(Note: Zone Alarm and Norton can sometimes cause these errors too, if you have these, just uninstall them)

Hello,

I ran the mem check on each stick of ram and then both together for over 10 passes each with no errors. As soon as I rebooted from all the tests I got blue screened twice. I didnt have zone alarm installed before but I got blue screened right after I installed it. (I didnt read that last part of your message!) but the problem existed before the zone alarm install.

Here are my latest minidumps.. any ideas?

Thanks!

Inside the 2 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 10000050, {a1503aa0, 0, 805c2727, 0}

BugCheck 10000050, {a36eedd8, 0, ba61f358, 0}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys

Other than a memory issue (the likely cause in most cases)

It can be caused by malware present, usually doing a full scan with your updated Antivirus, or a good free Malware scan, should resolve this

These problems have been occurring on fresh installs of Windows XP. I used two different WinXP discs to see if that affected anything, so it must be hardware related.

So you think the ram is bad, but just passed those tests?

Thanks,
Curt

by the way.. how can I read those minidumps and extract the relevent information that you have been providing?

Thanks!

figured out what the problem was.. had my RAM in adjacents slots when the MB called for it to be in every other slot with only 2 RAM modules.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply
Also from doing this your computer should be faster accessing the Dual Ram
Actually, it should have still worked the other way as well, I wonder if just re-seating the Ram fixed it. But anyway, it's better where it is now.

Hello,

no, because I re-seated the RAM several times before that to run memtest. It wasnt until I put them in the slots that the MB manual said that it finally worked!

Thanks again!

Thanks again.

For these MiniDump errors, I have never mentioned make sure your Ram is in the appropriate Dual Ram positions on your motherboard (if the motherboard supports this)

So you may have helped considerably :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back