Help with minidump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my laptop recently, however after a few days I am receiving a blue screen which informs me that it is shutting down immediately. When i restart the computer I am able to obtain info on the problem from "System Maintenance". To be honest I do not know what it is about. Can someone please have a look at the attachments and please advise.

Since it is fairly new I find it hard to believe that it is updating drivers problems.

If you require more info on the problem details please inform me.

Really appreciate the help

raju

Moderator Edit:
Sorry no Word Document Attachments (your "Doc" attachment now removed)
Please attach TXT (or Notepad) documents, only

Your error is 0xD1and these are caused by either faulty drivers or buggy software.

The driver cited is Sacm2A.sys which is a Scientific-Atlanta USB cable modem driver. Go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for your make and model. Often this brings stability.

If not, then contact their tech support (it should be under warrenty) and tell them of your issue, that your minidump was read with error code and the driver cited as the cause.

thank you very much for your help. Also I have service pack 1 with my vista version. I hear that it is unstable compared to service pack 2. Is that true? If so, would you recommend getting service pack 2

I recommend that you first go to your laptop manufacturer's website and download the latest updates that they have for your laptop. Make sure it is for your model.

I know virtually nothing about Vista SP2 so I suggest doing a google search and see what the response has been concerning this update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back