Help with monitor settings

learninmypc

I recently got an HP rectangular flat screen monitor with screen measurements of 16 & 1/4 " wide X 10" top to bottom & 19" diagonal. As you can see by the picture
MonitorSettings.jpg

I'd like to know if I can get rid of the black @ top & bottom. I never did change them from the CRT settings. Currect settings are
ScreenSettings.jpg

All LCD monitors have a native resolution. If you look through the documentation that came with your LCD monitor, it will tell you what the native or optimal resolution should be. Looking at your picture you have above, you are NOT running at the 19" LCDs native resolution. Most likely you need to be running: 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050, or 1920x1080. Crank that slider all the way to the right, that is usually where the LCD screens native resolution resides. Hope this helps, take care!

All LCD monitors have a native resolution. If you look through the documentation that came with your LCD monitor, it will tell you what the native or optimal resolution should be. Looking at your picture you have above, you are NOT running at the 19" LCDs native resolution. Most likely you need to be running: 1366x768, 1440x900, 1680x1050, or 1920x1080. Crank that slider all the way to the right, that is usually where the LCD screens native resolution resides. Hope this helps, take care!
Ok, I don't have any documentation for it because I think it might be used but I'll try moving the slider & report back.
I might have to wait till 5pm PDT for the news,but I'll try an archived view.Thanks.
Ok, the highest it'll go is 1440x900 & there is still some black. Thanks,I'll live with it.

Ok, this is a FULL screen shot with the 1440x900 setting.
MonitorSettings-1.jpg

Less black at top & bottom is ok with me.NOT her outfit.Thanks. :)

That's got it! That's pretty close to fullscreen. A local newscast isn't something I would expect to be fullscreen. try visiting hulu & watching a video on their site, videos there are intended to be Full Widescreen. here's a link: http://www.hulu.com/watch/360292
was the slider all the way to the right?!?

Very good! Congrats! You are running your LCD monitor at it's native resolution. Some monitors display widescreen content differently than others - it's the nature of the beast. Since your display is NOT 1920x1080 resolution it's going to slightly scale down the content on hulu or any other side that is providing HD video. Glad I could help you out, enjoy!

Very good! Congrats! You are running your LCD monitor at it's native resolution. Some monitors display widescreen content differently than others - it's the nature of the beast. Since your display is NOT 1920x1080 resolution it's going to slightly scale down the content on hulu or any other side that is providing HD video. Glad I could help you out, enjoy!
Thank you. If it matters, I'm on XP Pro MCE. I'm now reconfiguring my browsers. Have a great Evening & weekend.(y):)

Can I get some help on re setting my browsers to fit the new size? SeaMonkey,Firefox,Opera & Google Chrome? Thanks. I've been trying,but no luck ,yet.:)

Resizing browser? Something other than click and hold the lower right corner of the window to resize it?

Resizing browser? Something other than click and hold the lower right corner of the window to resize it?
Ok,my bad. That was the easy part. I'm in need of resizing the website(s) them selves. I've tried Ctrl + & X ing out,but upon returning,its back to too much border.

That's odd. I resize the browser and close it by clicking on the "x" at the top right, or alt-f4. When I start the browser again, it's the same size as it was when I closed it. Same for all FF, Chrome and IE.

So you're saying your browsers forget the window size?

That's odd. I resize the browser and close it by clicking on the "x" at the top right, or alt-f4. When I start the browser again, it's the same size as it was when I closed it. Same for all FF, Chrome and IE.

So you're saying your browsers forget the window size?
NO. The browser(s) themselves are full screen but the website is as shown,too much on the sides.

As far as I know, nothing can be done. The web sites' contents occupy only so much space, so when you maximize your browser you'll see the background color/image padding the empty space.

I size my browser so there's no horizontal scroll bar. Everything is displayed, very little border, and I can see some of the icons on my desktop.

What Techspot looks like if my browser is maximized.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    229.4 KB · Views: 4
As far as I know, nothing can be done. The web sites' contents occupy only so much space, so when you maximize your browser you'll see the background color/image padding the empty space.

I size my browser so there's no horizontal scroll bar. Everything is displayed, very little border, and I can see some of the icons on my desktop.

What Techspot looks like if my browser is maximized.
Ok, I thank you. Mine looks the same.Have a great week.

Back