Help with MP3 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic-5150

Hey,

This probably isn't the best site for this issue but I have an account here and I don't elsewhere.

The issue: iaudio x5 35gb mp3 player doesn't charge very well. I plug it into the charger and it charges for 30 seconds one time then says it's fully charged (it won't even turn on). Then I unplug it and replug it in and it will charge for an hour. It never does get fully charged though. Any Ideas on what would cause this and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Andrew

This question is valid here :)

If the MP3 player has removable rechargable batteries please replace them

I took the back off, and i did not see a batter. I'm assuming it is down behind the hdd itself but it was being held down with some special looking tape so i didn't want to mess with that

Well done :grinthumb

Other than testing the voltage coming from the power adaptor
I am unsure what else to say

I hope that you receive other helping support replies

Strange, It could be a bad AC adapter (though unlikely). Try and use a different/new AC adapter or even try (if the device supports it) a USB charge or even a FireWire charge (though i don't think your mp3 player supports FireWire)

Did you happen to drop it recently before you noticed it not charging?

How old is the MP3 player? Rechargeable batteries lose their capacity over time, especially when used a lot. If your MP3 player is more than 1 year old and heavily used, the batteries may be dying and need to be replaced.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back