Help with msblast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed xp and ended up with this damn worm. I seem to have removed the worm, but cannot install anyupdates from microsoft.

Can anybody out there help??

Start/Run

Type shutdown -a

This will buy you more time by preventing your computer from shutting down. That way you can get it patched before your computer shuts off.

Thaks for the advice. I have tried a lot of what you suggested. What is happening now is that it prevents me from installing any updates, I cannot get onto the mcafee website and I cannot get regedit to do what i need to do.

It says that there is no virus on my computer, but the problems associated with it are still there?????

Is it time to reformat???? I really dont want to do this all over again.

thanks for any help

You still have a trojan or worm, unfortunately. To access your registry, boot into Safe Mode. This will allow your registry to open and work. Here is the path where most worms/trojans reside ... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Microsoft / Windows / CurrentVersion / Run (double-click on Run). Look for msblast or mslaugh in the right pane. Also, the best blaster worm removal tool is at Norton, I have used it many times repairing computers. While in Run, look the list over and search the interent for anything you do not recognize since there could be other worms or trojans.

My eyes, my precious ( pretty ) eyes !!! :dead:

I'm going bind with your text color.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back