help with my documents!!!!!!! (access is denied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently gave my computer a new instalation of windows xp. but first i backed up al the documents that matter to me. i had to use 4 dvds to back up all the information. then i reinstalled windows and it warned me about installing windows in the same partition that i had the other one and that maybe my documents folder could be deleted. i thought i was not going to have any problems. i finished the instalation and when i tried to open the most important backup disc the dvd driver dindt recognize it. ive tried in other drivers in other computers and nothing. it apears as if it were no disc inside the dvd drive. so i looked into my old documents folder wich i found and there was information from other users i couls acces and it was still there
but when i tried to open the main user folder (the important one) it apears a message that says: "acces is denied" what can i do to accesthat folder. i hope i didnt lose everything inside of it because the hard drive space is much much bigger now.

sorry the misspelings im not american so this is my best english.

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this thread HERE, it may help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
it worked great. still, with XP proffessional i had to log in in safe mode as administrator to make the changes cause the security tab didnt apear in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back