TechSpot

Help with my new comp and what I can run?

By tim_tank
Apr 16, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi guys im new to this site and looking for some info on this new comp I bought.

It is currently shipping to my house and it'll be here in about 1-2 days.. Here are some specs on it and I'm just wondering will I be able to run Counter Strike: Source with decent game play and about maybe 40-50 FPS?

Processor: 2.4 Ghz AMD Athlon 64 4000+
    RAM: 1GB DDR2
    Hard Drive: 160GB SATA 7200 RPM
    Video Card: ATI X1200 (up to 256 autoshared).

Those are the main stats on it. I wanna know if I can run CS:S decently?

Give me any advice on how to make it better, but i basically want to know if i can run it :D
  2. tim_tank

tim_tank TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

bump, c'mon people i wanna no if i can run this so i can cancel order or not.
  3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,436   +218

My 2 cents says I highly doubt it. Internet, playing DVDs, CDs and ordinary office applications like Word would be ok but not modern gaming. IMO.
  4. mopar man

mopar man TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,492

wow mailpup, beat me to it, was still logging in. No, you probably wwon't be able to run it that great. If you wantted to play it on low, maybe, but on high you'd want a better Gfx card.
  5. tim_tank

updated..i am going to have 2 GB RAM in it, and it has a dual core processor. I am looking to run it with either medium or low setting most likely..u think ill be able to get atleast 40-50 fps on med or low settings?

p.s the shared mem for video card is 378 not 256 sorry.. if that makes a diff
  6. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,436   +218

I based my opinion on the integrated graphics processor. I doubt it will give you a "decent" fps.
  7. mopar man

If it is anything like the 6100, it will give you approximately 25-40fps.
  8. tim_tank

i've read eveywhere and everyone says its better then 6100, but i have 2gb RAM so that'll help too.
  9. mopar man

Ok good, you may be able to.

This thread is making me want to test that out. My aunt has one just like it. If it ever has any problems I'll install a CS:S version without Steam to test FPS.
  10. tim_tank

yeye, i hope itll run it :) im pumped, but other stats on it are solid just video card right
  11. techbie

techbie TS Rookie

you should get a gtx 8800 gt video card

12. tim_tank

hmm so i got my computer today, its friggin sweet, i can run counter strike source with max graphics on everything with 80FPS average, i think its cuz i have about 600 or so MB or RAM dedicated to the video chip.. But yeah it runs everything on max settings at 70-90 FPS all the time.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.