TechSpot

Help with my new specs!

By shadowslayer
Mar 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I once had only 1GB ram and 160GB HDD and 512MB GFX.
    I couldnt play anything or install anything or work on After Effects or Illustator.
    I saved up bought a few cool stuff and i still have very high CPU usage when i run any of these programs or games. Its frustration.

New Specs:
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
    Memory: 2944MB RAM
    Page File: 562MB used, 4266MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    GFX Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE (512MB)

Problem:

Sad frame lag in most of the games. and I think i have a decent spec to run games in good resolution. But i have to put all the setitngs to a minimum and still there is frame lag.

CPU Usage 100% when i run any program.

Please post your suggestion to make my buy a successful buy. I really worked hard and bought it all.

Thanks ^^
  2. shadowslayer

shadowslayer TS Rookie Topic Starter

Addition!

EDIT: The first time i assembled it. I could play FIFA10 and Sudden Attack NA flawlessly without any frame lag but as days went by its slowly lags and today its beyong worse. I quit 4 games in rage.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.