help with NET_sendpacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heylo everyone,

My name is Jr. I am a Serious CS gamer. I need help with my prob.
I'm running winxp os and have cs installed. This Problem I have has been happening eversince i installed xp on my comp. I Installed XP, cuz i get lower ping, and back on winME and 98 sec ed. I'd get high pings in the 300's to 500's. Everytime I play Counter-Strike on my 56k connection, I always get these 2 errors

NET_sendpacket error: No ERROR
NET_sendpacket error: WSAEINTER

Can someone help me please with this problem?

From Forumplanet - Counterstrike

http://www.ninja-association.co.uk/csfaq/sections/errors/errors/netsendpacket.htm

"net_send packet error"

To fix this problem you need to go to the system.ini file and check the [vcache].
If there is nothing there, add these lines under the word [vcache]:
MinFileCache=****
MaxFileCache=****
It should look like this.

[vcache]
MinFileCache=****
MaxFileCache=****

Replace **** with one of the following values:

If you have from 16-32 MB of RAM:
MinFileCache=2048
MaxFileCache=2048

If you have from 32-96 MB of RAM:
MinFileCache=4096
MaxFileCache=4096

If you have 128 MB of RAM or more:
MinFileCache=8192
MaxFileCache=8192

Another way would be setting the maximum amount of RAM HL/CS is allowed to use.
Right click on your CS shortcut and select "Properties". Right now the Target line should
read something like this:
CS retail version: C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\cstrike.exe -console
CS mod version: C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game cstrike -console
Change it to this:
CS retail version: C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike\cstrike.exe -console -heapsize *****
CS mod version: C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game cstrike -console -heapsize *****
Replace ***** with 75% of your total memory in KB, ex. you have 128 MB RAM then
heapsize should be 98304. 1 MB = 1024 KB.

Maybe move this to the gaming forum? "CS Net_sendpacket error:"

I have done what the info above had said and I still get the net_sendpacket error: no error and other!

Ok first go to your phone and modem options in the control panel,
click on the modems tab and go to properties. Go to the anvanced tab and click on advanced port settings. Thats were you edit your transmit and recieve buffer settings.
Hope that works.:)

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

I was getting the error:

NET_SendPacket ERROR: NO ERROR while trying to connect to internet for CS Condition Zero. I looked for answers everywhere and no one could help. This problem has nothing to do with Video Cards, or anything else. ITs a network setup problem and easily fixed. Here is what you do:

Basically every DSL modem has a function called NAT (Network Address Translation) and its sorf like a firewall. You need to disable it in your modem settings. This is usually described on your service providers help site, or contact them if you are unsure. It takes a minute. The problem is though that your connection is more vulnerable, so i enable the feature when i am not playing online games. THATS IT! No more error message. No thanks to billion dollar companys who replied to me with all sorts of garbage until i trialed and errored and finally fixed it.

Cheers and happy gaming.

;)

I doubt a 56k modem would have NAT builtin :p But your solution would suggest a firewall issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back