TechSpot

help with NET_sendpacket

By lokz
Nov 13, 2002
  1. Heylo everyone,

My name is Jr. I am a Serious CS gamer. I need help with my prob.
    I'm running winxp os and have cs installed. This Problem I have has been happening eversince i installed xp on my comp. I Installed XP, cuz i get lower ping, and back on winME and 98 sec ed. I'd get high pings in the 300's to 500's. Everytime I play Counter-Strike on my 56k connection, I always get these 2 errors

NET_sendpacket error: No ERROR
    NET_sendpacket error: WSAEINTER

Can someone help me please with this problem?

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,604   +110

Maybe move this to the gaming forum? "CS Net_sendpacket error:"

3. lokz

lokz TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have done what the info above had said and I still get the net_sendpacket error: no error and other!

4. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,604   +110

5. lokz

hmmmm

well thanks anyway for ur help. If other peepz know how to solve it please let me know.....

6. SWOOD

SWOOD TS Rookie

I solved this problem in RTCW by decreasing the transmit buffer a little in advanced modem settings.

7. lokz

hmmz

What iz RTCW?

wat do i gotta go in the transmit buffer in advanced modem settings?

8. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

RTCW is Return to Castle Wolfenstein (a game)

9. lokz

plz help?

10. Napalm Death

Napalm Death TS Rookie

Ok first go to your phone and modem options in the control panel,
    click on the modems tab and go to properties. Go to the anvanced tab and click on advanced port settings. Thats were you edit your transmit and recieve buffer settings.
    Hope that works.:)

11. talaash

talaash TS Rookie

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

I was getting the error:

NET_SendPacket ERROR: NO ERROR while trying to connect to internet for CS Condition Zero. I looked for answers everywhere and no one could help. This problem has nothing to do with Video Cards, or anything else. ITs a network setup problem and easily fixed. Here is what you do:

Basically every DSL modem has a function called NAT (Network Address Translation) and its sorf like a firewall. You need to disable it in your modem settings. This is usually described on your service providers help site, or contact them if you are unsure. It takes a minute. The problem is though that your connection is more vulnerable, so i enable the feature when i am not playing online games. THATS IT! No more error message. No thanks to billion dollar companys who replied to me with all sorts of garbage until i trialed and errored and finally fixed it.

Cheers and happy gaming.

;)

12. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

I doubt a 56k modem would have NAT builtin :p But your solution would suggest a firewall issue.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.