TechSpot

Help with new router and Xbox lag

By shelby500krz
Jan 20, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay so heres is what I have. I just got a new cable modem and router. I have comcast basic high speed. The modem is motorola sb5120 and the router is d-link dir 655. The xbox is connected through a wired connection. I upgraded this from a netgear CG814WG wireless cable modem. I upgraded from this because there was a 5 ip limit. on the netgear I had a dmz and port fowarding set up and it almost never lagged. Now with the new setup i start to lag about 4 minutes in and lag out of every single game. I have the xbox's ip set to the dmz. I have tried port fowarding, but when I do the xbox for some reason doesn't connect to live. i have tried ports 3074 and the port dlink provides in the internet based software. Also the internet itself seems to be slower. Currently only 1 computer and my xbox are connected. I can download a torrent easily without any problem. Could the router be faulty? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.