Help with Realtek soundcard drivers

By AceIII
Nov 8, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. So yesterday i formated my PC and after installing winxp sp3 i started adding the motherboard and soundcard drivers. But when i started soundcard drivers setup my pc just force restarts when it starts updating the drivers.

I thought maybe my drivers are outdated .... I got Asus K8N motherboard and soundcard Realtek ALS850 so i went from Asus website to download the latest drivers. I reformat and install winxp again and try to update the drivers but its the same. Again my pc restarts when i try to update the sound drivers. Tried updating the drivers manually through the device manager but then again in the end my pc restarts..... I somehow manage to add the drivers but Realtec AC'97 shows yellow problem with "Code 10 the device is not working ".

I even tried to update the drivers in safe mode which they do finish without any problems but then my pc just restarts all the time and cant start windows so I had to return to a previous saved point.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. ucould2

ucould2 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 335

Hi Acelll, welcome to Techspot
    Have you tried to enable the "Device" in Computer Management ?
    From the "Desktop" Icons
    > left click once on "My Computer"
    > then right click mouse button to expose drop-down menu
    > left click to select "Manage"
    > from the list under the heading "Computer Management (local)" select "Device Manager"
    > from the Menu in the right window panel select "Sound, video and game controllers"
    > left click your device "Realtek ALS850"
    > right click the mouse button and from this drop-down menu select "Properties"
    > at the bottom of the table left hand corner, is the heading "Device Usage" and below a window which should let you select either
    (i) Do not use this device (disable)
    (ii) Use this device (enable)

hope this helps

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.