Help with removing Trojan Goldun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For the past few days I have been desperately trying to remove Trojan Goldun but of no avail. I have KIS6 which in a full system scan told me my pc was clean. Spybot S&D, Zonealarm, and Ad-aware had the same results. However Spyware Doctor caught this trojan but couldn't delete it. I tried it in safe mode but with no results. I tried to use System Restore but it told me, "system restore is unable to protect your computer", and I have to restart my pc. I did and when I tried to used system restore again it gave me the same message. Also I can't connect to the internet, I think it is all because to the trojan.

Would really appreciate it if somebody helped me.

Thanks

PS I have attached the HJT report.EDIT: All the scans which I did were in safe mode, don't know if that was the reason I did not have any results.

worked for me

Try the Program Unhackme, you can get it from greatis.com/unhackme/download. You can download the trial version which is good for 30 days and is fully functional.
It worked great for me. It worked so well that I decided to buy it $19.99.
Money well spent. Hope this helps.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a very dangerous backdoor trojan, that may well have stolen your private data etc.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of capo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks, I have a question though which concerns the Step 1. I run Kaspersky Internet Security and it it has real time protection. It has many real time protection things such as real-time email protection, real-time file protection and firewall and other types (there also is a proactive defense or something like that). Which one(s) do I disable?

I finally did all the steps and here are the reports. Because I couldn't run combofix I used dss instead as you instructed in one of the other threads.

I would like to remind you that I can't connect to the internet. When I go to the view network connections it doesn't show me anything. Also when I tried to play a song there was no sound. And minor thing which is that the theme changed for some reason and couldn't find the original one.

EDIT: also forgot to mention the panda program results, it showed me that my pc was clean. It did not show anyting, also avg found a trojan and a backdoor and deleted them.

I`m not surprised your system is not running correctly. You have lots of important files/services not running or running from the wrong locations.

Try doing a Windows repair as per this thread HERE.

If that doesn`t help, then I suggest you backup your important data, re-format and re-install.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of capo only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks a lot for the advice, you helped me a lot. Although I ended up formatting my pc because I couldn't repair the os as it was badly damaged. Also ended up using some of the programs in the "15 steps" and surprisingly found trojans on all of them but they are clean now. So again, thank you very much for your help.

PS: to the people who are reading this besides howard. Really if you want to remove a virus or some malicious software on your pc, do the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ and then post what ever reports they want, it will save you and the person who will help you time. And this is from experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back