Help with SATA master with ATA slave

I cant find my slave, it shows up under device manager / disk drives and says it is working properly, I am just trying to access info on disk but cant figure out where or how to open it from. It does not show up under My Computer. Please help if you can.

SATA does not have master and slave configurations.

Do you have another drive connected to the same ATA cable? If so are both drives configured correctly as master and slave?

Check Disk Management for a drive that has not assigned a drive letter.

On a side note: A bad drive may not show up in Disk Management.

Also, if you only have one ATA device connected to that cable, set it to master.

I apologize ,..

due to my ignorance for computers I was incorrect it is a SATA Master and I am trying to connect an IDE to the CPU, I have an IDE cable connection which has SLAVE on it, I connected the hard drive I am trying to access to this cable. When I turned on CPU it reconized it after windows was loaded and it does show up under Windows Management as a slave to my master but it also shows up in another spot under disk drives as a Master also.

I guess I got a bit ahead of myself, I am using Windows XP Professional I know very little about the CPU other than it was built for gaming/acceleration.

Back