Help with sound device

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikari920303

Hi, everyone, i currently have a laptop
--> Lenovo G460
I wanna to make my sound to play with both laptop internal speakers and additional speakers / headphones which plug to laptop together.
Is there anyway to do it?

System details :-
Windows 7 64-bit

Sound, video and game controllers (device manager) :-
Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Smart Audio Control Panel :-
Audio Driver Version : 4.109.0.68
HD Audio API Version : 1.0.40.0
Smart Audio Version : 6.0.56.0

There are a lot of devices that will plug into the G40 for decent sound. You will need to spend a little money. Many different sound software installs will work. You may want to join some of the four Thinkpad sites for specific advice. Bill Morrow's Thinkpads.com. and the Thinkpads Users Group at thinkpad@stderr.org . You should be able to find either with a gurgle search. Both have large members of experts on specific Thinkpads.

the problem is when i plug the headphones to laptop, the internal speakers will not play the sound, only the headphones play it. I have try to set multi streaming at smart audio, but it still the same :S
for sound management (inside control panel), i have set headphones to default device and internal speakers to nothing (there only listed "ready"), and the internal speakers is not default communications device

Typical of a lot of laptops which don't have enough power to run both... In fact, most laptops work that way. Most users don't want headphones AND internal speakers at the same time. That is why you have headphones. But it can also be a power issue.
But there are devices you can buy, as it is a common problem. I haven't done a gurgle search lately. They will cost you.

You can also hire a skilled computer tech to rewire your system. In most cases it is a simple mechanical switch that turns off the internal speakers when you plug in those headphones.

Typical of a lot of laptops which don't have enough power to run both... In fact, most laptops work that way.
Uhhhh.. That's typical of Windows. Has nothing to do with power or laptops

@hikari920303
Are you hearing ANY sound from your internal speakers? You can use the BeepEx tool to test it for simple mono-tonic beeps

Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

/* edit */
Have you also checked the mute setting for EACH of the sound playback device choices in Ctl Panel->Sounds

the problem is, i have enable both the devices,
i have also enable multi-streaming in audio manager,
but i press volume control at taskbar,
the only green bar moving is the headphones
36486172.jpg

i'm currently plugging an altec lansing speakers
i wan my laptop speaker also give out sound
so it means laptop speaker + external speakers both playing sound
:S

The laptop headphone jack turns off the speakers like on most devices with headphone jacks. If you want otherwise, do some soldering or like previously said, get a technician to do it.

Yea. I think you're stuck with "that's just the way Windows works" (see this thread)

If it might help any, i remember having come across a toolbar icon that at least might help make it easier switching between outputs (so you needn't go to Control Panel->Sound each time tho you need to Google to find it.

fyi... you can also rt click on Control Panel-Sound to create a desktop shortcut that might also make it a bit less painful.

Sorry can't help with any better answers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back