Help with speakers

learninmypc

I have this speaker system http://efoxuae.com/electronics/logitech-x-530-speakers-5-1.html currently hooked up & noticed its cutting out on my sporadically so I dug out my RCA to stereo adapter cord Like this & unplugged the three same on the woofer so I could use my headphones instead but it didn't work. I know its an old speaker system but need something so I can hear on my PC again. I also tried plugging my headphones into the headphone jack on the computer but it didn't work. Been working on this for a week but out of ideas so I'm hoping someone in here can help, thanks :)
Volume speaker.JPG

I have a cable between the headphone socket on my computer and the two stereo RCA inputs at the back of my TV. It's not what you are using though. I'm not sure what your lead would be used for. It has an extra RCA plug and a different arrangement on the jack plug pin - presumably to carry a video signal too. I'd buy the correct adaptor cable. It's likely to be pretty cheap. If it doesn't work after that you need to try changing settings for the sound card in Control Panel.

The RCA /stereo cable has the same color coded plugs as is on the bass speaker which is why I tried that but nothing.
As far as changing the settings for the sound card in control panel, I might check that out later, am still tinkering & wishing I could get the speaker open in hopes of fixing it there. Thanks for your input :)

It matches at the speaker end where you have three RCA sockets but probably not inside the headphone socket on the computer. 3 doesn't match to 2 or at least that's how it looks to me.

Ok, the cable I was talking about that is color coded unnamed.jpg
replaced the red,yellow & white cable you see in this picture the back of the woofer. In a bit I'm going to see if my headphones will work in the rear jack & if so,I'll be content till I can replace my speaker set.
I'm probably going about this all wrong anyhow, but I am trying. :)

I like headphones. You can listen to the sound as loud as you like without disturbing anybody. They are also going to be simpler to set up than a sound system with extra speakers. It's one less cable to worry about as well. Cables can be of very doubtful quality even from a well known brand. I'd concentrate on the headphones by adjusting the sound settings in Control Panel. There's nothing unusual in having problems setting things up. I've had some real difficulties getting my headphones working where I have a desktop connected to the TV. I can have the sound over the TV speakers or listen through the headphones. Usually, I listen to everything in that room on the headphones.

@bazz2004 , I got my headphones working fine using my front jack so it'll be good till I get my other speaker system replaced, thank you for your input. :)

Something that you might be interested in is wireless headphones. I have a pair connected to our second TV and they are brilliant. They recharge when not in use and you can walk to different rooms without losing the audio. Mine have a switch for surround sound if that's your sort of thing. There's a slider for volume on the headset itself too.

If they come in "earbuds" fine. I quit wearing regular headphones years ago because they're tough to sleep with. But its a good idea :)

Back